header
Kerala Church rejoices on the release of Fr Tom Uzhunnalil
Untitled Document
 
KOTHAMANGALAM  DIOCESE

Bishop
Mar George
Madathikandathil

 

Bishop Emeritus
Mar George
Punnakottil

 

 

 

 

The Diocese of Kothamangalam was erected by Pope Pius XII through the Papal Bull "Qui in Beati Petri Cathedra" of July 29, 1956, and was inaugurated on January 10, 1957.

Composed of the three foranes of Arakuzha, Kothamangalam and Mylakomp taken from the Archdiocese of Ernakulam, the Diocese of Kothamangalam extends over the taluka of Kunnathunadu, Muvattupuzha, Thodupuzha, Udumpanchola and Devicolam covering an area of 4,800 sq. kms. At present there are sixteen foranes. It is surrounded by the Archdiocese of Ernakulam and Madurai and the Dioceses of Kanjirapally, Palai, Palghat and Coimbatore.

The major part of the Diocese being the hills of the Western Chats with thousands of recent settlers, the Diocese gives special attention to the spiritual and temporal needs of these people. Large numbers of Churches, educational, medical and charitable institutions have been started. Thus the number of Churches and stations has risen

 

 

 

www.kothamangalamdiocese.org
....................................................................................................

madathikandathil@gmail.com, george@santhome.org

....................................................................................................

+91 485 - 2862236, 2862692, 2861625 (O),

28 61 555 (P)

....................................................................................................
+91 485 - 28 61 625
....................................................................................................

Bishop's House, P.B. No. 6, Kothamangalam, Kerala - 686 691, India